Marinated Mushroom Prawn & Avocado Salad
- -½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- -2 tbs red wine vinegar
- -2 tbs mustard
- -Pinch caster sugar
- -2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- -400g button mushrooms, trimmed
- -6 cos lettuce leaves, shredded
- -24 cooked medium king prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- -2 large avocados, peeled, chopped
- -¼ cup small mint leaves
- -Crusty bread and lemon to serve
- Combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar and ginger into a screw-top jar, season with salt and pepper. Shake will to combine.
- Place the mushrooms into a large bowl. Pour over three-quarters of the dressing and toss to combine. Cover and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- Arrange lettuce over base of a serving platter. Top with prawns, avocado and marinated mushrooms. Spoon over the remaining dressing, scatter with mint leaves, season with salt and pepper. Serve with crusty bread and lemon.