This is a very easy and pretty fast cake that I make at my restaurant and I serve it topped with chocolate sauce, strawberries and caster sugar……delicious…… Enjoy!
butter 250 gr cocoa powder 20 gr
flour 250 gr dark chocolate 150 gr
sugar 250 gr cinnamon 1 tps
eggs 4 medium baking powder 1 sachet
red wine 150 ml (or gr)
- I divide the egg yolks from the whites.
- I then cut the butter into cubes and, with the help of an electric whisk I mix it together with the sugar while adding the egg yolks one at a time.
- I keep mixing while adding the cinnamon and the cocoa powder.
- Now I pour in the wine, I melt the chocolate in the microwave and I pour that in too.
- I mix the baking powder with the flour and I add it (little by little) to the mixture. I mix all it over again.
- In a different container I whisk the egg whites until stiff and I gently add them to the mixture stirring from the bottom to the top.
- I finally grease a baking tin of ca 28 cm, I pour the mixture into it, and I put the tin in the hot oven.
- I let it cook for ca 1hr at 180 degrees. But do check after an hour as, depending on the ovens, it might need more time to cook ( at the very most 1.5hr)